About Me

I'm creamy and flavorful. I go well with raspberries. I plan to keep getting more delightful with age, so stick around! I like to travel, both physically and in my own head. I buy a lot of books just because I like the way they look and smell. If "old paper" was a glade scent, I'd plug them in all over my house. Ummm... I can lick my elbow. If you're reading this, you've probably already had the pleasure of witnessing it. Also, I love dishwashers.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Clogs! (AKA my favorite thing in the whole wide world)

I went thrift store shopping yesterday with Joanna and Alison. My objective was to find jeans, as all of mine either have holes in them or have grown too small. After trying on about 14 pairs and then buying several shirts that I don't need, I was glad to move on to the next store. I procrastinated when we arrived, and instead of looking for jeans, we spent half an hour in what can only be called the "random crap" section of the store. Among the many treasure we found there were: a giant Barbie head, a painted ceramic rooster with real tail feathers, several creepy clown dolls (at least I think they were clowns), a coffee mug that I'm fairly certain I gave away earlier this year, and a very classy serving tray featuring scenes from Coal Miner's Daughter. 

Near the end of our hunt, I came around a corner just in time for Alison to ask me, "Do you want some clogs?" 

I answered, "yes," with confidence before I'd seen them. Then I looked, and there, in her hands, were the new loves of my life.


I immediately realized that I really did want them.  I reinforced my "yes" with "Do I!!!" At that moment, I felt as if I'd never wanted anything more.  Sad, I know, but I'm really not kidding. Are they not the most magnificent clogs you've ever seen? They might be the most magnificent anything I've every seen... 


I'm happy to say that I brought these masterpieces home with me - and I even managed to find a pair of jeans on my way out. I was elated. I still am!  I walked around in them for a while last night, and they are really not very comfortable, but I don't mind. I hadn't really planned on wearing them, anyway. But what do you think? Could I pull them off? (Don't answer that.)



2 comments:

  1. Heheheh thrift store shopping is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! They look awesome! Loooove it! I dare you to wear them to church some time.

    ReplyDelete